Whether you are a training for an event, part of a sports team or working out to stay fit- sports massage can benefit performance in the following ways:
- Muscles recover more quickly
- Adhesions are broken down
- Muscles perform efficiently and strongly
- Connective tissue remains supple
- Improved posture and muscle balance
- Reduced stress and work place fatigue
- Improved Circulation
- Increased Energy
Oncology massage is the treatment and modification of massage therapy techniques performed by a qualified masseur to help people manage their experience with cancer.
Oncology massage can become an integral part of treatment, working alongside conventional treatments of cancer and can help maintain the positive affects of the mind, body and emotions.
Research has proven Oncology massage can reduce the side effects experienced from conventional treatment of cancer and the symptoms of the disease process itself (Cassileth and Vickers, 2004).
An Oncology trained therapist can provide a variety of positive effects including:
- Encourage’s deep relaxation – which can decrease stress hormones (cortisol) while boosting your feel- good hormones, serotonin and dopamine).
- Reduce stress, anxiety and depression
- Reduced fatigue levels
- Improved sleep
- Reduced pain
- Decreased nausea
- Increased feelings of well- being
- Improved body self-image
- Reduced scar tissue