What is Physiotherapy
Physiotherapy is a health profession concerning human function and movement to help people achieve their full physical potential. Using a variety of techniques, physio helps the body’s muscles, joints and nerves work to their full capability.
Maintaining correct and specific movement or exercise in the early stages of rehabilitation reduces unnecessary time away from school, work, sports or other activities.
The main objectives of Physio4all are to reduce pain and stiffness, restore movement , strengthen weakened muscles and help repair damage by speeding up the healing process.
When should I receive Physiotherapy?
Immediate Physiotherapy is important to enable you to get correct advice on how to give your injury the best chance of recovering quickly with minimal trauma, and decrease any compensatory movements, which can lead to dysfunction and re-injury.
- Can stabilise your injury and support it correctly
- Can relieve or reduce pain
- Can reduce Inflammation, which in turn decreases pain and enhances return to function
- Will maintain and improve the movement available after injury
- Continue with the reduction of pain, inflammation and instability
- Will stabilise hypermobile joints (mobile)
- Will mobilise joints that are hypomobile (stiff)
- Will strengthen and stretch the appropriate muscles
- Breaks and fractures will rehabilitate to their fullest function more quickly with early physio. Stabilised in plaster stiffens joints, decreases range of movement , and weakens and shortens soft tissues.
Physiotherapy plays a vital role in rehabilitation, helping people recover from operations.
- Pre Operative physio treatment can correct any alignment issues, maintain function and flexibility and strengthen muscles. This enhances recovery post op and return to physical function.
- Rehabilitation after orthopedic surgery e.g. hip and knee replacements can increase the healing rate and gain full function
- Physio can decrease the appearance of scars and increase the mobility and reduction in tightness